Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time and Faith

I guess this should better be titled Faith and time, as faith is the more important of the two.


But let's start with time. Time is a very precious thing, especially when you get older and seemingly don't have any. We are a society that is used to getting things NOW. I can imagine in my parents time and grandparents time and so on, that things weren't quite like this. People had to wait for their dinner to be cooked, there was no fast food. People had to make their own butter instead of getting some from the fridge. People wrote snail mail letters than emails.....than text messages. People had to walk or ride bikes to get places instead of driving/flying. People had to warm the baby bottle over the stove instead of in the microwave. Do you get my point? Times have changed and time is little. Odd isn't it, that now we have things to do things quicker for us, yet we have less time. hmmmm.

Beauty? God has His own timing in things. Guess what? Since God is perfect......I guess that means His timing is perfect....in.....everything. Huh. Go figure. So, when asking God for things and it seems He isn't answering....know that maybe His answer is "Not Yet." Patience. The more you ask for patience, the more you'll be tested with it yes, but the more you will get it. If you never ask for it, you will never get it. Chew on that one! ha!

Faith is something that is seemingly easy to have. I can sit at my desk and have faith my chair will hold me when I go to sit down. I can turn on the light switch and have faith the darkness will go away because of the light. I can drive my car and have faith it won't break down on me (usually). ha! I can begin to write with a pen and have faith ink will come out as it should. Again....do you get my point? How can we have so much faith in man-made things, yet have so little faith when it comes to God. Ouch. I just slapped myself. Not cool. Let's try this again. I can have faith in God as long as He does things in my timing and in the way I want things to be done. Ouch again!! Come on, now! Slapping yourself in SO last week. One more again, I only ask God for the things I know He'll work out the way I want them to and not ask for the big things that I'm unsure of how He'll answer. OUCH!!!! Please stop now!!!

We were in devotion at work this morning and I said that statement without thinking and it really made me uncomfortable saying. As it should! But, if I am going to be honest.....it's true. When I look back on things, I can tell I'm only asking God for the things that I know He'll give me anyway....and the things that turn out in my favor. I'm too nervous to ask for the big things. Or should I say, I don't have enough faith to ask the things that are too big. God has so much to give us and to bless us with. Why the heck are we not asking for those blessings??? Sheesh!!! Sounds so easy!!

Reader, I challenge you to make a conscious effort to ask God every day for a week for more blessings....be specific....be big in your asking and see how God blesses you! You may be surprised.

I leave you with something I read recently, What if all you had today were the things you thanked God for yesterday. Ask big. Thank big. Love Big.

out. -B

No comments:

Post a Comment